Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Cinnamon Peach Jam Recipe

I told you I had peach jam recipe's coming for you. I like to take recipes and transform them into something different, add a little touch to them to make them my own.  When I made Peach Jam, I thought "hmm, what can I add to this to make it better?". Over the holidays a friend brought peach pie which in tasting a bite I realized had spices in it (cinnamon, nutmeg ect).  That's it!!!   I added just enough cinnamon that it's not overpowering, but adds enough flavor to taste it. This recipe can be altered to make regular "Peach Jam" without the cinnamon, but I loved the addition of cinnamon to the peach jam.

If you make it, let me know what you think! I love hearing about alterations to change recipe's or make them better. In the meantime,  Enjoy!


Cinnamon Peach Jam 

Ingredients
*3 1/2 pounds peaches (8 to 10), peeled, halved, pitted, and cut into chunks
*3 cups Sugar
*1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
*2 tbls Cinnamon
*1 tsp Allspice
*Coarse salt




Directions
1) Working in batches, pulse peaches in a food processor until chunky.
2) Transfer to a small saucepan, and add sugar, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
3) Boil, continuing to stir, until bubbles slow, foam subsides, fruit rises to the top, and jam sticks to a spoon when lifted, about 12 minutes.
4) Fill your prepared cans 1/2 inch from the top, remove air bubbles and put your lids on.
5) Process for 10 minutes (adjust for your altitude). When they're done, carefully take them out and let them rest on a towel on your counter for 5 minutes and listen for the "ping". Success!



No comments:

Post a Comment